The purpose of the Ministry and Personnel Committee is to fulfill the duties outlined in The Manual of the United Church of Canada including:
- Being available for consultation and support for matters involving the pastoral charge staff.
- Conducting annual performance reviews of the pastoral staff.
- Regularly reviewing the working conditions, responsibilities, and compensation of the pastoral staff.
- Ensuring pastoral charge staff make use of opportunities for continuing education.
- Maintaining close contact with the presbytery Pastoral Relations Committee.